Human Resources Director
At Artefact, we harness design and technology to make the world a better place. The work we do can’t be done without our people – they are the core of Artefact – and human resources acts as a support structure for them; striving to create a safe, accessible, transparent environment that fosters a culture of learning, growth and development – that’s where you come in.
As the Human Resources Director, you will work directly with our General Manager and lead the HR function for the studio; elevating and administering our processes around compensation, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, training, community, brand, and culture.
We are looking for a professional that is both personable and pragmatic, finds motivation in managing multiple priorities, digging into details, and being part of a high functioning team. If you like to partner with smart, driven people, and consider yourself to be flexible, fun, and meticulous (yes, those things can go together!), then we’d love to hear from you.
Make an impact:
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business and culture inside and out so that you are able to provide strategic HR partnership to the entire organization
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Provides coaching, direction and counsel to leadership to proactively anticipate, prevent and resolve HR issues. Interprets and implements HR policies, practices and company philosophy.
- Oversees employee onboarding programs. Contributes to new hire orientation. Oversees the performance management process. Coaches management on how to best communicate expectations and performance feedback on an ongoing basis. Develops performance plans to correct performance deficiencies, writes disciplinary documentation and handles necessary terminations.
- Handles employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion. Counsels employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues. Serves as advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues.
- Maintains accuracy of personnel records and HRIS data with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion. Manages ongoing needs related to employment eligibility (e.g. visas and other documentation).
- Coordinates delivery of quarterly employee morale survey. Works with management to develop action items to help improve studio culture and morale.
- At least seven years of progressive and relevant human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent human resources experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to diplomatically influence.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with a wide array of HR programs and practices including employment law, compensation, performance management, leadership development, coaching, employee relations, change management and organizational development and effectiveness
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing organization trends and implementing HR solutions
- Strong coaching and counseling skills with senior executives
- Demonstrated expertise in handling sensitive and high risk issues
- Track record of building competency and developing skills of others
- Customer focused, self-managing problem solver, accountable and able to thrive in autonomous environments
- Creative and flexible under changing settings, courage to be heard, sense of humor, passionate about design and technology, life-long learner
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
Artefact is a design and innovation firm that uses strategy, human-centered design and technology to advance meaningful change. For our clients. For people. For society.